Recycle First - Recycling/Trash services
Recycling and Trash Services
The City of Cedar Hill offers once a week recycling / trash pickup.
- Watch the Trash/Recycling video.
- Every single-family home receives a 96-gallon Recycle cart (with yellow lid).
- Optional 96-gal. trash carts (with green lid) are available for an additional $3 per month per cart. This charge will be applied to your water bill. To get a trash cart, call 972.291.5100 x1003.
- Every home has one weekly pickup day for trash, recycling and one bulky item (link to printable map for designated pickup day).
- Residents should set out their recycling carts by 7 a.m. on their designated pickup day.
- Brush and tree limbs will be picked up monthly on the existing schedule (refer to map link above for designated pickup week).
Waste Management will collect one bulk item per pickup day at no additional charge. Place your bulk item at the curb or alley on the day of your regular trash collection.
- What is a bulk item? It’s an appliance, piece of furniture, or some other residential item that is too large for a container. Construction debris and hazardous waste are not allowed as bulk items.
Residents may place up to 3 cubic yards of bagged trash at the curb or alley on the scheduled trash day. Residents may elect to lease a 96-gallon trash cart for $3 per month per cart. To request a trash cart or additional recycle cart, go to or call 972.291-5100 x1003.
Holiday & Inclement Weather Make-up Days
The City and Waste Management guarantee every residence will receive once-a-week trash collection. If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Monday or Tuesday, the make-up day will be Wednesday. If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Thursday or Friday, the make-up day will be on Saturday. Make-up days will be effective for the following 3 (three) observed holidays:
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For additional information, please contact Waste Management at 1-800-772-8653 or email , or the city at 972.291-5100 x1003
- Glass jars & bottles
- Aluminum, tin & steel cans
- Plastic bottles & containers
- Cardboard, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, & telephone books
- Cereal boxes
- Paper towels rolls
- Paper bags
- Rinsed plastic food containers (i.e. Lean Cuisine, SmartOnes, Banquet, etc.)
- Batteries & electronics
- Plastic grocery bags
- Mirrors, ceramics or dishes
- Light bulbs
- Soiled pizza boxes
Trash & Recycling Reports
The City of Cedar Hill's recycling efforts are reducing the amount of trash going to landfills and the city's carbon footprint. To see the impact of the city's recycling efforts in 2016, click here. A monthly trash and recycling report is also available.