Recreation Center Fitness Area
FREE wallet lockers are available in the fitness area and we encourage you to use them to secure your personal items, as well as full-size and half-size lockers in our locker rooms. See the fitness area staff or front desk for more information.
The three lane walking/jogging track (13 laps = 1 mile) is available to members.
- All users must wear appropriate athletic shoes.
- Open toe sandals and flip flops, are not permitted for safety reasons. No hard-soled shoes or spiked heels allowed.
- Strollers are not permitted in the fitness area.
We offer all new Cybex Selectorized Strength equipment and Cybex Jungle Gym.The Cybex VR3 is a group of machines that combines striking appearance with rugged durability.
The fitness area includes 42 cardio machines which 27 of them are equipped with LCD TV’s, 21 strength machines, free weights and six 52” plasma televisions. There are 9 elliptical machines, 10 treadmills, 5 recumbent bikes, 2 stationary bikes, 2 Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers and 1 stairmaster.
All Members are encouraged to attend a FREE fitness orientation to learn the basic skills and mechanics of working out with our fitness equipment to ensure safety and proper use. Contact the Recreation Center or stop by the fitness desk to set-up an appointment with a fitness staff member.
- 11 yrs - under: Not allowed in the fitness area or track. This includes strollers, baby carriers and children sitting inside fitness area while parent/guardian is exercising.
- 12-13 yrs: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file, and parent/guardian must be present in the fitness area during the time of usage.
- 14-15 yrs: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
- 16-17 yrs: Member must have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
View the full list of Recreation Center policies for additional rules and regulations.
from several certified personal trainers with various specializations to help meet your health and fitness goals.
Contact the Health & Wellness Coordinator today at (972) 293-5288 to sign up for your FREE session. No strings attached!
Meet our trainers:
Aerobics & Fitness Association of America Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, BS Regis University, Denver, Co., CPR/AED
Experience in training clients with a wide-range of fitness levels such as those who are new to exercise or post-chemo therapy patients, to clients suffering from diabetes, obesity, or post-gastric bi-pass challenges.
Cooper Institute Certified Personal Trainer, CPR/AED
Discuss and Set Goals, Nutrition Assessment, Health History, Physical Activity Readiness, Blood Pressure Measurements and Body Fat Measurements. Give yourself the gift of fitness – it will change your life.
National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer, Biomechanics of Resistance Training, Master Fitness Specialist, Fitness Specialist for Older Adults, Physical Fitness Specialist all from Cooper Institute, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America Group Exercise Instructor and CPR/AED
Together we will spread the knowledge ‘To be the best you can be’ is the greatest achievement.
Cooper Institute Certified Personal Trainer,CPR/AED
I will assess and prescribe a progressive fitness program for cardio and resistance exercise. This includes nutrition counseling to aid in a healthier lifestyles.