Recreation Center Fitness Area
The Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center features a 3,500 square foot state-of-the-art fitness area containing a three lane walking/jogging track, various strength and cardio equipment, as well as free weights to help you meet all of your health and wellness goals!
Free wallet lockers are available in the fitness area and we encourage you to use them to secure your personal items, as well as full-size and half-size lockers in our locker rooms. See the fitness area staff or front desk for more information.
The three-lane walking/jogging track (13 laps equals 1 mile) is available to members.
- All users must wear appropriate athletic shoes.
- Open toe sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons. No hard-soled shoes or spiked heels allowed.
- Strollers are not permitted in the fitness area.
We offer all new Cybex Selectorized Strength equipment and Cybex Jungle Gym. The Cybex VR3 is a group of machines that combines striking appearance with rugged durability. In total, there are 30 different machines to work any muscle group of your choosing, plus a dumbbell rack ranging from 5 pounds to 75 pounds.
The fitness area includes 30 cardio machines, which 27 of them are equipped with LCD TVs. There are 6 Ellipticals, 5 Recumbent Bikes, 2 Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers, 1 Stairmaster, 2 Cybex ARC Trainers, 2 Octane Lateral, 6 Treadmills, 5 Upright Bikes, &1 Row machine.
- 5 large screen Tvs.
- Private cardio area
- Two warm up/cool down areas
- Hanging boxing bag and standing kicking bag
- 5 sanitary wipe stations
- 12 full size lockers and 8 additional hooks for coats.
All Members are encouraged to attend a free fitness orientation to learn the basic skills and mechanics of working out with our fitness equipment to ensure safety and proper use. Contact the Recreation Center or stop by the fitness desk to set-up an appointment with a fitness staff member.
- 11 years and under: Not allowed in the fitness area or track. This includes strollers, baby carriers and children sitting inside fitness area while parent/guardian is exercising.
- 12 to 13 years: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file, and parent/guardian must be present in the fitness area during the time of usage.
- 14 to 15 years: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
- 16 to 17 years: Member must have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
View the full list of Recreation Center policies (PDF) for additional rules and regulations.
The Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center offers individual training services from several certified personal trainers with various specializations to help meet your health and fitness goals.
Meet Our Trainers
Certified through SCW
Wil has been a part of the fitness industry since 2007. He aspires to open his own gym and after-school program for underdeveloped children.
10+ years as a certified personal trainer
Specializing in healthy eating and weight loss
Sports training and nutrition.
Personal training | Ripped By Ray Fitness
I lost over 115lbs during my fitness journey. My mission now as a licensed master social worker/personal trainer is to promote wholistic fitness through physical and mental health. I am here to support and guide you as you transform through dedication and discipline.
Have kids? Me too! Have you been obese for years? Me too! No more excuses, the time is now! Have you been Ripped yet?