Mayor's Teen Council
Meetings are held on the first and third Monday of each month at the Cedar Hill Government Center.
How to become a member
Applications are available starting April of each year online, and also available to pick up at the Government Center Administrative offices, Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center, Zula B. Wylie Library, Cedar Hill High School and Collegiate High School. Completed applications can also be turned into any of these locations. Applications will be viewed and considered as they are turned in.
Mayor's Teen Council Application
Teen Council Objectives
- Promote participation in comprehending local government.
- Plan and organize special events, projects and fundraisers.
- Learn from city staff to understand their role in serving citizens and setting policies
- Address and discuss the agenda during monthly meetings.
- Heed the problems that involve adolescents and their livelihood.
- Create recommendations to the mayor and Mayor's Teen Council Advisors.
- Consider possible solutions from the youth of the Cedar Hill community.
- Tour various city facilities and meet with key city staff members/officials.
- Engage in city meetings and/or events.
Shall be responsible for the administration of affairs of the Mayor's Teen Council with assistance from the mayor and council advisors, preside over all meetings of the Mayor's Teen Council, appoint committees, when necessary, to research issues or solutions during meetings.
Shall assume the duties of the President during the President's absence, assist the president to perform his or her duties when required.
Shall record and maintain the minutes of all Mayor's Teen Council meetings, prepare and receive correspondence for the council and hold proper files, keep current members list and perform all duties related to the office of Secretary.
Shall have the responsibility and custody for the collection and disbursement of funds, prepare and present a financial report at a meeting when necessary.
Shall be accountable for information regarding sponsors along with food and beverages during meetings, Notify the Mayor's Teen Council about collecting funds for fundraisers.