The mission of the Planning Department is to facilitate the physical growth and development of the City in a sustainable manner that reflects its unique and vibrant character. This is accomplished through:
- Long Range Planning that reflects the needs and desires of the community
- Development of implementation and enforcement strategies that effectively implements City Plans
- Thorough coordination and review of development proposals and applications
The Planning Department will be an objective-oriented, empowering division that, through a collaborative and veracious work ethic, creates the utmost public service and environment for the Cedar Hill community.
We envision Cedar Hill as a vibrant, well-planned community that provides:
- Professionalism - A planning approach in the consistent and judicious use of communication, knowledge, technical skills, critical reasoning, accuracy, and teamwork in daily practice for the benefit of the individual and community being served.
- Innovation - A planning approach and operational culture that encourages and empowers continuous progression of the exploration and adoption of new techniques, technologies, solutions, and methods of functioning to improve results, meet new and existing needs, and lead change.
- Integrity - A planning approach that denotes honesty, communication, and accountability. It is recognized as a means of ensuring and informing every stakeholder of the ongoing pursuit of a collective vision. Through exposing the products and procedures that is conducted within the department, the boundaries of responsibility and actions are rendered visible.
- Community - A planning approach that integrates active participation of those affected, and living and interacting with the end-product. It is recognized as synthesizing ideas and public input into tangible concepts, and responding in an unbiased manner, creating true value.
- Sustainability – A planning approach that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It is designed with the accountability for environmental impacts, the reduction of the required resources (i.e. Energy, Water, and Food), as well as the reduction of waste production (i.e. Heat, and Water and Air Pollution).
Rod W. Tyler, AICP
Rod has been a
Contact Info: 972-291-5100, ext. 1083
LaShondra Stringfellow, AICP
Assistant Director of Planning
LaShondra is a certified planner with over 16 years of planning experience in Texas municipalities. She came to the City of Cedar Hill in
Contact Info:972-291-5100, ext. 1082
Dana is embarking on a new career in planning while continuing to pursue a Masters in City and Regional Planning at the University of Texas at Arlington. She has a broad background in design from her prior work experience and an undergraduate degree in civil engineering. Dana facilitates development applications through the Developmental Review Committee (DRC), Planning & Zoning Commission, and City Council process.
Contact Info: 972-291-5100, ext. 1076
Sharon has been with the City of Cedar Hill since 2013. She brings over 20 years of experience as an administrative assistant. Her duties include providing administrative assistance and support to the Planning Department through processing applications, preparing and facilitating Planning & Zoning meetings, managing records, and assisting with budget preparation.
Contact Info: 972-291-5100, ext. 1081