Senior ACTIVITY Center
Cedar Hill Senior Activity Center is open to Adults 55+. All classes are at 30 users each. Registration and membership will be required to participate. You can register in person at the Alan E. Sims Recreation Center, Cedar Hill Senior Activity Center or online at cedarhilltx.com/online.
Take a program specialized for Active Seniors, enjoy a specialty trip, or just come and say hi to your fellow peers at the Cedar Hill Senior Activity Center!
September is National Senior Center Month! National Senior Center Month is celebrated every year in September as recognized by the National Council on Aging. Come and join us for some good fun and fellowship.
Membership and registration are required for all 55+ activities. Registration for each month begins the last full week of the previous month and can be done in-person at the Center or online. A Senior Activity Center Membership Form must be turned in to the Senior Activity Center to complete your membership- forms are also available at the Senior Activity Center.
Senior Activity Center Membership Fees
|Non Resident Membership
|Resident Gold Card Membership
|$110/Yearly Senior Activity Center and Alan E. Sims Recreation Center Access
|Non-Resident Gold Card Membership
|$130/Yearly Senior Activity Center and Alan E. Sims Recreation Center Access
Wednesday s 10a.m. – 12p.m.
$1 per bingo card. Enjoy this game with friends. Win great prizes of nonperishable items.
Wednesdays, 12 p.m.
Enjoy the game of bridge with other members. Even if you don't know how to play, we will teach you! Monday is casual bridge and recommended for new players, Wednesday is for more intermediate competitive play.
Loom Knitting - Registration Required
Wednesdays, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Anyone of any skill level invited! Loom knitting is easy, fun, and doesn’t take long to complete! Some of the hats created will be donated to various North Texas Organizations including the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, various cancer centers, and local nursing homes.
Queen Beaders - Registration Required
Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon
Learn the art of making beautiful and fun jewelry to wear.
Quilting - Registration Required
Wednesdays, 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.
Quilting is a major part of history. This class will help you enhance your personal legacy as you make your mark on history.
Line Dancing - Registration Required
Tuesdays, 12:45p.m. to 2p.m.
Learn fun dances choreographed to contemporary music.
Chair Volleyball - Registration Required
Mondays, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Fridays, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Chair volleyball offers friendly competition, while also providing a way to have fun being active! Because players are required to remain seated, chair volleyball allows those with physical limitations to participate on a level playing field with those who may be more active.
Tai Chi for Seniors - Registration Required
Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Tai Chis is a meditative martial art that has been practiced for centuries and integrates body, mind and spirit through slow graceful movements and meditative exercises.
Gold Toning Exercise - Registration Required
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m. and 9:30a.m. to 10:30a.m.
Tone your body and stay active through aerobic movement. Participants incorporate light weights and bands.
Zumba Gold - Registration Required
Monday 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m. and Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 11:30a.m.
Tuesday 10:30a.m. to 11:30a.m. and Friday 10:30a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday 8:30am to 9:30am
Move to the rhythm of the music with basic Latin dance moves.
A complete copy of the Senior Activity Center rules may be obtained at the Senior Activity Center or by downloading them (PDF).
- All participants must sign-in upon arrival to the Senior Activity Center.
- Classes are only open to registered members of the Senior Activity Center.
- Any fees required for activities or trips must be paid in advance.
- The Senior Activity Center is a No Smoking Facility.
- Tobacco and Alcohol are not allowed within the building or on the Senior Activity Center grounds.
- Pets (other than service animals) and children are not allowed.
- Lost and found items will be held for 30 days. After 30 days, lost items will be donated to a local charity.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Senior Activity Center will be closed only if the City of Cedar Hill is closed.
- The Senior Activity Center will be closed for holidays following the City of Cedar Hill Government Center closing schedule.
- Guests of eligible Senior Activity Center Participants are welcome provided they sign a waiver of liability and agree to adhere to all applicable policies and procedures as determined by the Senior Activity Center Supervisor.
A variety of day trips are offered monthly for a nominal fee and are open to registered members of the Senior Activity Center. Advanced registration is required and availability is limited.
- Registration for trips/outings will begin on the last full week of the previous month (ex. registration for May trips will begin the last full week of April).
- Cedar Hill residents only will be able to sign up on the first two days of registration.
- Open registration will begin on the third day of each registration period until the trip is full.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
- Registration must be made in person at the Senior Activity Center or online through ActiveNet. We will not accept payment for trips over the phone.
- Participants must contact the Senior Activity Center if it becomes necessary to cancel for any reason.
- When possible, the space will be filled by someone from the waiting list.
- Participants may not transfer their reservation to a friend. All cancellations must be processed through the Senior Activity Center.
- There will be no refunds for individuals canceling their trip registration unless the reservation has been resold or the Senior Activity Center receives a refund from the provider.
- Refunds will only be given if the Senior Activity Center needs to cancel the trip.
The Cedar Hill Senior Senate is a 501(c)(3) advisory board organized for the benefit of the Cedar Hill Senior Activity Center. Meetings are held the third Monday of each month at 9:30 am at the Senior Activity Center and are open to the public. Its main function is to raise funds, advise, support, and assist the Senior Activity Center Staff. To connect with the Senior Senate by email click here, or Facebook click here.
|September 18, 2023
|October 16, 2023
|November 20, 2023
|December 18, 2023
Bus service is available to and from the Senior Activity Center for Cedar Hill residents only for no additional fee. This service is exclusive for members that do not drive or have no other means of transportation. To reserve your ride, please call (469) 493-9287 one day in advance during business hours.