Memberships are available to individuals 50 yrs+ free of charge, and are required to participate in any activities or programs offered. A membership registration form must be completed and turned into the Senior Center to complete your membership. Forms are also available at the center.
Bus services is available to and from the Senior Center for Cedar Hill residents only for no additional fee. This service is exclusive for members that do not drive or have no other means of transportation.To reserve your ride, please call (469) 853-5374 one day in advance.
The Cedar Hill Senior Senate is an advisory board organized for the benefit of the Cedar Hill Senior Center. Meetings are held the last Monday of each month at 10:30 am at the Senior Center and are open to the public. It's main function is to raise funds, advise, support and assist the Senior Center Staff. For additional information, or to become a member contact the Senior Center.
Tuesday, August 21, 10 am-3 pm at the Recreation Center
Come and join us in the celebration of the seniors of our community for National Senior Citizen Day! Our Crafting, Zumba Gold, Gold Toning, Mat Yoga and Dancing Classes will be in session at the Recreation Center for all to see what our great seniors are capable of! There will also be vendors with great information and services, games, and giveaways to all who attend! The 1st 100 people to register online or in person by August 15 will receive a FREE lunch. Light snacks will be served for all. *All Senior Center activities will be moved to the Recreation Center on Tuesday, August 21.*
*Grand Prize Winner must be present to receive their prize. Additional prizes will be awarded throughout the day. Participants will get 1 bingo square for each booth they visit. Want to be a vendor and/or have a question about the event? Contact us at 972-291-5353 for more info. To register visit us at the Senior Center (1740 Mansfield Rd.) or click here.
Line Dancing - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Tuesdays, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Learn fun dances choreographed to contemporary music.
Mondays, 11:00am - 12:00pm
Class focuses on various styles of dancing designed to make anyone feel comfortable and confident on the dance floor. No partner is required.
Gold Toning Exercise - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Tuesdays/Thursdays, 8:30 - 9:30am, 9:30 - 10:30am
Tone your body and stay active through aerobic movement. Participants incorporate light weights and bands.
Yoga for Seniors - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Mondays/Thursdays, 1:00 - 2:00pm & 2:00 - 3:00pm
Learn how to breath through basic Yoga movements with or without the use of a chair.
Mat Yoga - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Tuesdays, 2:30 - 3:30pm
Basic yoga on a mat led by WFAA's Sonia Azad.
Zumba Gold - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Fridays, 9:00 - 10:00am
Move to the rhythm of the music with basic Latin dance moves.
Wednesdays, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Play Bingo for $1.00 per card and win food.
Enjoy the game of bridge with other members. Even if you don't know how to play, we will teach you!
Mondays, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Paint and design pieces from greenware. Class participants must provide their own supplies and firing is included.
Learn the art of making beautiful and fun jewelry to wear.
Thursdays, 12:30 - 2:30pm
Quilting is a major part of history. This class will help you enhance your personal legacy as you make your mark on history.
A variety of day trips are offered monthly for a nominal fee and are open to registered members of the Senior Center. Advanced registration is required and availability is limited (see below).
Extended trip are offered to Senior Center members throughout the year to a variety of locations such as New York City, Las Vegas, and many more. Check back for additional information as it comes available for specialty trips on the Senior Center website, or contact the Senior Center.
- Registration for trips/outings will begin on the first business day of each month beginning at 8:30 am.
- Cedar Hill residents only will be able to sign up on the first two business days of registration.
- Open registration will begin on the third business day of each month until the trip is full.
- Full payment must accompany registration unless otherwise instructed.
- All participants must register in person. No registrations will be taken over the phone and no one can sign up for other people.
- Participants must contact the Senior Center if it becomes necessary to cancel for any reason.
- When possible, the space will be filled by someone from the waiting list.
- Participants may NOT transfer their reservation to a friend. All cancellations must be processed through the Senior Center.
- There will be no refunds for individuals canceling their trip registration unless the reservation has been resold or the Senior Center receives a refund from the provider.
- Refunds will only be given if the Senior Center needs to cancel the trip.
- All participants must sign-in upon arrival to the Senior Center
- Classes are only open to registered members of the Senior Center
- Any fees required for activities or trips must be paid in advance
- The Senior Center is a No Smoking Facility
- Tobacco and Alcohol are not allowed within the building or on the Senior Center grounds
- Pets (other than service animals) and children are not allowed
- Lost and found items will be held for 30 days. After 30 days, lost items will be donated to a local charity
- In the event of inclement weather, the Senior Center will be closed only if the City of Cedar Hill is closed.
- Guests of eligible Senior Center Participants are welcome provided they sign a waiver of liability and agree to adhere to all applicable policies and procedures as determined by the Senior Center Supervisor