Loud or Barking Dogs

Barking dog complaints are investigated by the Cedar Hill Animal Control office. To report a dog that barks loudly and frequently, contact the Regional Dispatch at (972) 223-6111.

Animals Running At-large

City ordinances prohibit dogs from running at-large within the City limits.
If you find a dog at large within the City limits you can either call (972) 223-6111 or bring the dog to the Tri-City Animal and Adoption Center during the following times:

  • Monday - Friday: 10 am to 6 pm 
  • Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm

Other Nuisances

City ordinances also prohibit:

  • Aggressive behavior to people or other animals
  • Chasing vehicles

In cases where the Animal Control Officer does not witness the violation, the City suggests the following actions:

  1. Talk to the owner of the animal. The owner may not realize the animal is creating a problem.
  2. Send a certified letter (return receipt requested) to the owner stating the problem.
  3. Swear a complaint with the Municipal Court, located at 285 Uptown Blvd, Building 100. To contact the Municipal Court by phone, please call 972.291.5100 ext. 1040. 

For more information, call Cedar Hill Animal Control during business hours at (972) 291-5181 extension 1716 (ACO S. Burke) or extension 2163 (ACO J. Randolph).