Welcome to the Search!
Read this page to learn more about Geocaching- a fun outdoor activity for all in Cedar Hill and across the globe, how to do it, and what you can find in Cedar Hill!
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching(pronounced Geo-Cash) is a GPS guided treasure hunt that takes place all over the globe, even right here in Cedar Hill, and probably not too far from your front door. Using a smartphone Geocache hunters are able to search for hidden items, and even hide their own for others to find.
How do I get started?
- Download the Geocaching app(available for Apple and Android).
- Find a Geocache nearby in the app.
- Hit "Navigate" and go to the geocache location.
- When you reach the location the app will show you how close you are. Look high, low, under leaves, and in the trees for the hidden geocache. Some are obvious, and some are more hidden.
- Sign the logbook and/or check-in on the app that you found the geocache.
If you really want to be prepared for your search here are some extras you can bring along:
- Wear long pants and/or a long sleeved shirt
- Power bank/phone charger
- Pencil/pen to sign the log
- First aid kit
- Respect other people by not getting in their way, or disturbing their time at the park.
- Respect the environment by not leaving trash, or damaging the environment.
- Respect the geocache and other geocachers by not damaging or removing a geocache.
For more information and questions regarding geocaching visit the official Geocaching guide at: https://www.geocaching.com/guide/
Find the Cedar Hill Parks and Recreation Geocaches!
The Cedar Hill Parks and Recreation Department has placed Geocaches in some of their favorite spots around the city! Some of our geocaches include free Cedar Hill SWAG to take home.
Visit our caches below, and stay up to date with new Cedar Hill geocaches and challenges:
- Cedar Trails
- The Bamboo Curtain
- Upon The One Less Traveled
- Through The Trees
- Over The Hills and Through The Woods
- Calf Pasture Quandry
- Past The Diamonds
- By The Bee Branch