Cedar Hill Discovery Garden
Updates being made...
Please be patient while this page is under construction!
Native Plants Workshop
Thurs. June 30 from 6-8pm
Learn how to garden with TX native plants with Katie from the Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center. Native plants are not only beneficial for local wildlife, but they are adapted to our climate and easier to maintain! Door prizes and snacks will be provided. Register Here
Discovery Garden Summer
Summer is days away! The sun is shining and the Discovery Garden is looking green and lush. We have quite a few new gardeners who have been spending an incredible amount of time in their beds. Help is always needed! So, stop by and see if you can be of any assistance to our gardeners.
Our plots are all taken by community gardeners and there is a waitlist at this time. If you'd like to put your name down for a future plot in the garden please register here.
To review the Discovery Garden Commitment Form click here.
For updates, information regarding planting and programming please join our Facebook Group .
What are the Benefits of Community Gardens?
- They provide a place to garden for those who can’t where they live.
- They establish a greater sense of community and offer a place to develop relationships.
- They teach skills in self-reliance.
- They promote more local / seasonal eating and increase awareness of where food comes from.
- They encourage better nutrition through fresh produce.
- They help people to save money by growing their own groceries.
- They provide opportunities for recreation, outdoor activity and exercise.
- They help to reduce crime and vandalism.
- They beautify neighborhoods and increase attitude of pride and ownership.
- They provide inter-generational and inter-cultural interactions.
Join the Cedar Hill Discovery Garden Group