Household Hazardous Waste
Space is limited. Registration is required. Click on the corresponding HHW collection event date below to register or call 972-291-5126. Only Cedar Hill residents may register. Proof of Cedar Hill residency is required. The event will be at Cedar Hill High School’s parking lot (1 Longhorn Boulevard) from 9 am to 11 am.
COMMERCIAL WASTES AND EXCESSIVE VOLUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Staff reserves the right to determine and refuse both commercial wastes AND excessive volumes of wastes due to space limitations. Residents with excessive volumes of wastes will be directed to the Mansfield ECC.
- Registration below is only required if you bring HHW. Shred and e-waste do not require registration.
- Typically the second Saturday in March, June, September, and December
- March 13, 2021
- June 12, 2021
- September 11, 2021
- December 11, 2021 - Registration OPEN
CHECK THE VEHICLE LINE BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
On the morning of Environmental Collection Day, the vehicle line will be live streamed to help better serve you. View the live stream (Flash Player required).
On the event day, please read and follow the road signs carefully. If you registered for HHW and will participate in electronics and shred, please enter the HHW line first.
A NOTE ON GPS
Please note that the event is located at the Cedar Hill High School parking lot near the intersection of US 67 and Cooper. If you are using GPS, you may be given directions to the south entrance to the school which may be closed.
Cannot wait for Environmental Collection Day?
Cedar Hill residents have the option to bring household hazardous wastes to the Mansfield ECC and Fort Worth ECC. Staff have the right to identify, determine and refuse commercial wastes. High volumes of HHW not typically found in normal residential waste will also be refused. If you have questions, contact the Mansfield ECC or Fort Worth ECC. Contact info below.
ADDRESS: 616 S Wisteria St, Mansfield, TX 76063 (Google Maps)
PHONE NUMBER: 817-728-3655
HOURS OF OPERATION: Second Saturday of each month from 10 am to 3 pm; Thursday and Friday before the second Saturday from 3 pm to 7 pm
Accepts both HHW and electronics.
Driver’s license with Cedar Hill address required
Electronics Recycling and Paper Shredding Events
Electronics recycling and paper shredding will occur on the same day as HHW. Registration is not required for electronics recycling and paper shredding. Find more information including restrictions and limitations.
Old Medicines NOT ACCEPTED at HHW Collection Events
In accordance with DEA regulations, old medicines are not accepted at HHW collection events. Please bring your old medicines to the Police Department drop box at the Government Center (open 24 hours) at 285 Uptown Boulevard
Commercial Wastes NOT ACCEPTED
Only residential waste is accepted. City Staff has the right to identify, determine and refuse commercial waste. Commercial wastes may be disposed of through local hazardous waste disposal vendors. The City does not endorse nor maintain a list of hazardous waste disposal vendors.
- Acids and bases
- Aerosol cans
- Auto fluids (antifreeze, brake, transmission, etc)
- Batteries (household and automotive)
- Cleaning supplies and household chemicals
- Cooking oil
- Craft and hobby chemicals
- Fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Gasoline (cannot be poured off for safety reasons - accepted in approved sealed containers)
- Paints and stains
- Photo chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Solvents and thinners
NOT Accepted HHW
Contact the appropriate authority to dispose of the following wastes. Contact Environmental staff for other wastes.
- Syringes and sharps (contact WM)
- Bulky waste (contact WM)
- Explosives and fireworks (contact Fire)
- Old smoke detectors (contact Fire)
- Ammunition (contact Police)
- Brush (contact WM)
- Appliances (contact WM)
- Building materials (contact WM)
- Asbestos (contact WM)
- Tires (contact local recyclers)
- Trash (contact WM)
- Old medicines (contact Police)
- Propane, helium, gas tanks (contact local recyclers)
- Foam (contact local recyclers)