Activities & Resources for Families & Neighbors
Zula B. Wylie Public Library
While the library building is closed, the Zula B. Wylie Public Library offers a "Virtual Library" is available to you from home! Your library card provides you access to many digital items and resources, including books, movies, music, educational programs and materials and much more. Click here to visit the virtual library. If you do not have a library card, give us a call at 972-291-7323 and our staff can issue you a digital library card.
The library is also offering virtual storytimes and other programming on Facebook. Follow them @chlibrary for more information.
Parks & Recreation
Cedar Hill parks, trails, and open spaces remain open, although restrooms, playgrounds, and pavilions are closed. Social distancing, stress and anxiety can take a toll on our mental health and well-being, and connections to the outdoors and green space have proven to reduce stress and improve mental health. Enjoy our parks and trails safely by keeping 6 feet between yourself and others at all times and practice the CDC’s recommended personal hygiene before, during, and after your visit. If you or someone in your household are ill, stay home.
Cedar Hill Parks & Recreation will share tips and fun ideas for families and a daily home work on their Facebook page; be sure to follow them @cedarhillpard.
Other Family-Friendly Activities
- 12 famous museums offer virtual tours you can take on your couch (Travel + Leisure)
- Take a home safari with the Cincinnati Zoo (Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden)
- Take in an opera at home with Nightly Met Opera Streams (The Metropolitan Opera)
- Explore the ’Hidden Worlds of the National Parks’ (Google Arts & Culture)
- Become a Disney Imagineer with "Imagineering in a Box" learning experience (Disney, Pixar and the Khan Academy)
- Take out-of-this-world science lessons with NASA - Follow the Kennedy Space Center on Facebook for live videos and visit NASA at Home for videos, activities, and crafts. (NASA)
Social distancing doesn’t mean disengaging, there are many creative ways to stay engaged within the Cedar Hill community. Visit neighborhood services’ website for ideas for how to stay connected to your neighbors and have fun while you’re staying safe at home.
Spending a lot of time on Zoom conference calls but wishing you were enjoying a Cedar Hill Park? Have the best of both worlds by downloading and using these images of Cedar Hill parks as your virtual background. Missing your favorite park? Email your request here.
- Balcones Trail 1
- Balcones Trail 2
- Bradford Park
- Community Center Park Baseball Field
- Dot Thomas Fields
- Highlands South Park
- Lester Lorch Nature Preserve in the Fall
- Longhorn Park
- Mansfield Road Trail
- Pleasant Run Trail
- Recreation Center Park
- Red Oak Creek Trail 1
- Red Oak Creek Trail 2
- Red Oak Creek Trail 3
- Red Oak Creek Trail Bluebonnets
- Ridge View Park 1
- Ridge View Park 2
- South Hills Greenbelt
- Waterford Oaks Greenbelt
- Wildflowers on FM 1382
- Windmill Hill Greenbelt